Call for Proposals “Thought for Food Initiative”
Agropolis Fondation, Fondazione Cariplo and Fondation Daniel et Nina Carasso announce the launch of the “Thought for Food Initiative: Transdisciplinary research towards more sustainable food systems” Call for Proposals.
This Call aims to:
- Advance understanding of the sustainability of food systems and explore innovative solutions that could help actors involved to achieve it;
- Facilitate the emergence of excellent, new and high-impact research activities; and
- Generate a leverage effect that encourages new collaboration between different types of disciplines with a specific focus on combining natural and social sciences, and that are inclusive of diverse stakeholders.
It will thus support research projects, including those with a capacity building component in any of the following thematic strands (or a combination of both):
- Diverse agricultural production for more sustainable food systems and diets; and
- Sustainable food processing for more sustainable and healthy diets.
Application for funding under this Call will undergo a “two-stage process.” Applicants will first have to submit a Concept Note (CN) for review. Proponents of selected CN shall be asked to submit a Full Proposal (FP). The deadline for submission of Concept Note is on 29 February 2016.
Please visit the Agropolis Fondation website for further details about the Call and to download the Terms of Reference.
Human population continues to increase creating a serious need to improve food production in all agro-ecological zones of the continent. This calls for more research on how to increase food production and nutrition irrespective of environmental conditions. Affordable technologies which protect the environment are key.