Nominate the Agrofood Broker of the Year!
Please note that the nomination phase of the Agrofoood Broker of the Year Award has been closed. The jury will select three candidates in the coming weeks. In November you will be able to vote for your favorite knowledge broker on our website.
Coming December the Food & Business Knowledge Platform (F&BKP) will award the Agrofood Broker of the Year Award to a professional in the field of Food and Nutrition Security (FNS), who has undertaken significant brokering activities in 2016/2017. From today, you can nominate someone who has been actively and enthusiastically connecting actors to align policy and/or practices with knowledge (development) in order to contribute to Food and Nutrition Security.
The nominee should have contributed significantly to FNS through a leading role in processes of joint knowledge development exchange and/or use. For example by facilitating innovative knowledge development or ensuring demand articulation from policy and/or practice; or by composing synthesized knowledge overviews, practical recommendation or guides that were used, discussed and shared with (local) stakeholders. All in all, the nominee is someone who bridges different sectors in the field of FNS through connecting, improving, sharing and implementing knowledge and innovations. This professional can work in a private, knowledge, civil society or policy organization, business or institution.
Everyone can submit suggestions for a nominee by completing this form online or below, until October 17, 2017. End October 2017 three final candidates will be appointed by a jury consisting of members of the F&BKP/NWO-WOTRO network. During the month of November the public can vote for one of the three final candidates via an online poll created by the F&BKP. The three finalists will be present during the conference Research & Policy: two peas in a pod? A dialogue for food security impact on December 1, 2017 in The Hague, where the jury will announce the winner and award the price (a small financial contribution to conduct a knowledge activity with the F&BKP).
For the selection of the Agrofood Broker of the Year, the jury will take several aspects into consideration. The nominee should:
- Link people and organizations with relevant knowledge to improve knowledge;
- Organize processes to co-create knowledge;
- Improve research uptake;
- Translate knowledge into practice and/or policy;
- Connect research and policy/practical actors to fine tune and improve their activities;
- Stimulate the use of knowledge;
- Focus on the field of food and nutrition security and poverty reduction;
- Highlight relevant new knowledge developments, or deepens current knowledge;
- Support the articulation of future knowledge questions;
- Broker innovative, inspiring, cutting-edge and/or unusual knowledge.