Faculty of Agronomic Sciences of the University of Abomey-Calavi (FSA-UAC)
FSA-UAC and the F&BKP
The Faculty of Agronomic Sciences of the University of Abomey-Calavi (FSA-UAC) co-organized the ARF 2 workshop in Benin on enhancing research impact for food security in 2016.
The Faculty of Agronomic Sciences of the University of Abomey-Calavi (FSA-UAC) is the oldest institution in higher agricultural education in Benin, created in 1970. Its mission is to contribute to the improvement of living conditions of rural households and the prevention of food insecurity and malnutrition in the population through the training of young agronomists, research-development, dissemination of scientific knowledge in all aspects of agricultural sciences as well as expertise for local agribusiness enterprises and development agencies. To achieve this mission, FSA-UAC implements various educational programs to students and technicians that lead to BSc, master and doctoral degrees through its five schools and one Institute, namely
- the School of Crop Production,
- the School of Animal Production,
- the School of Economy, Sociology, Anthropology and Communication for Development,
- the School of Environmental Development and Management,
- the School of Nutrition and Food Science and Technology, and
- the Institute of Food Security.
For more information, visit the UAC website.