The West and Central Africa Post-Harvest Congress and Exhibition (WCAPHCE) is the convocation of stakeholders aimed at addressing the menace of “post-harvest loss” in the agricultural economy of the West and Central Africa Regions. It takes place in Abuja, Nigeria on September 17-21, 2018.
The Congress seeks to create a platform where researchers, policy-makers, and practitioners in the agricultural sector can converge to brainstorm and forge practical, lasting solutions to the variegated realities occasioning “Post Harvest Losses” in the agricultural value chain.
The Congress and Exhibition will be held on September 17-21, 2018, at the Musa Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, Nigeria.
The specific objectives of the Congress and Exhibition will be to:
- Enumerate constraints and proffer solutions to post-harvest challenges along the value chain for various crops.
- Promotion of knowledge in addressing the food system for healthy and sustainable diets.
- Harmonising of quality strategies along the value chain to ensure marketability at local and international levels.
- To explore the advocacy options in addressing postharvest issues.
- Identify intervention efforts by government and other stakeholders in addressing postharvest challenges.
- Challenges of Post-Harvest Activities for Smallholder farmers in Developing Economy.
- Mitigating Post-Harvest Loss through adequate financing
- This event has passed.