Into its third successful year, the Summit Urban Agri World (UAW 2019) is the region’s leading agriculture event focused on Agritech, Controlled Environment Agriculture and Indoor Farming. It takes place on September 17-19, 2019 in Durban, South Africa.
The Summit brings together Growers, Investors, Produce Buyers, Academics, Policy Makers, Technology & System Integrators and CEA Business Owners. Featuring practical sessions on the hottest topics, exhibits, lunch table discussions and unlimited networking opportunities, it connects services and solution providers from all over the world to serious local buyers and partners.
- Indoor and Vertical Farming as Part of a Local, Regional and National Food System
- Scaling Agri Business – Innovative Access to Finance
- Project Developers and Growers Spotlight
- Indoor Growing Techniques
- Latest Innovations in Artificial Intelligence, LED Lighting and Control Systems
- Using Automation and Robotics in the CEA Farm
- Hydroponic Strawberry Production in CEA
- Truffle Cultivation in Greenhouses
- Plant Biology and Genetics
- Supply Chain and Market access
- Future Markets: Opportunities Beyond Produce
- Production of Medicinal Plants in Controlled Environment Farms
- Opportunities for Cannabis for Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture
Participants also get the possibility to join a farm visit to Dube AgriZone: Africa’s first integrated perishables supply chain and the most technologically-advanced future farming platform on the continent. It is host to the largest climate-controlled, glass-covered growing area in Africa.
- This event has passed.