The Plant Health, Agriculture and Bioscience Conference (#PHAB2020) is organized by CABI, Wageningen UR, and Koppert Biological Systems and will take place in The Hague on September 9-11, 2020. PHAB2020 will foster growth in plant health innovation and sustainability by driving collaborations, business opportunities, investments, and knowledge.
It is the ultimate platform for connecting academics and researchers, business leaders and investors, global policymakers, governmental, foundation, and philanthropic funders. An emerging hotspot for agri-tech, ecological and environmental focused companies, the Netherlands is the place to be for the movers and shakers of the plant-health field.
Rising to the global challenge to work on plant health and sustainable agriculture, coinciding with the UN’s International Year of Plant Health, the aim of PHAB2020 is to alleviate poverty and ensure food security by improving crop yields, and safeguarding the environment, this by combating invasive plants, diseases and insects and finding natural alternatives to pesticides.
- Connect with all stakeholders in plant health- researchers & scientists, industry & agri-business professionals, policymakers and the public sector;
- Explore the latest agricultural innovations, digital solutions, and biotechnology as well as the most up-to-date science on plant health;
- Grow and learn from peers, expert and key opinion leaders in the field;
- Shape new collaborations, new ideas, and contribute to a sustainable future.
PHAB2020 is planning a top-notch educational & scientific programme that will cover 4 main thematic tracks:
- Threats to plant health
- Plant health practices
- Plant health innovations
- The future of food.
Key note lectures, presentation & discussions and poster sessions will be part of the schedule. More information will be published here soon.
CABI, Koppert Biological Systems and Wageningen University & Research are still looking for interested partners to:
- Submit Industry papers, more details to be found here.
- Submit Industry panels, more details to be found here.
- Provide or sponsor speakers and/or participants.
- Showcase their work during the exhibition: view the different packages here.
- Open their business for field visits for the international participants of the conference.
As the news about the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve and some major events are being cancelled or postponed, the PHAB organization wants to reassure participants that preparations for PHAB 2020 are ongoing.