On June 4, 2019, the Netherlands launch of IFPRI’s 2019 Global Food Policy Report takes place, together with the launch of the 2019 EAT-Lancet Report. The meeting is organized by IFPRI and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is by invitation only.
The 2019 EAT-Lancet Report has generated a lot of attention for the link between food, health and the planet. What can we learn from this report? Is it business as usual for the Dutch Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) policy? We like to search for an answer to this question with you by looking at the EAT-Lancet Report and compare it to the yearly IFPRI Global Food Policy Report. Join us in a discussion with the writers and a panel of experts representing the “Dutch Diamond” on FNS.
Coffee / tea
14.30 Introduction and presentations
Moderator: Jeroen Rijniers, Food and Nutrition Security, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Presentation by Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI, on the Global Food Policy Report
- Presentation by Fabrice DeClerck, EAT Science Director, on the EAT-Lancet Report
- General Questions & Answers about content of the reports to Shenggen Fan and Fabrice DeClerck
15.30 Panel discussion
Panel reflection on both reports:
- Mackenzie Masaki, Netherlands-African Business Council
- Ruerd Ruben, Wageningen University & Research
- Annelies Zoomers, University Utrecht
- Saskia Osendarp, NWGN/Micronutrient Forum
16.10 Q&A general to the panel
16.30 Closing / wrap-up
Paul van de Logt, Head Food and Nutrition Security, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- This event has passed.