The FUSIONS’ Platform meetings are prime networking opportunities to meet those stakeholders actively engaged in food waste prevention throughout Europe. Be part of the platform and let your suggestions to reduce food waste be heard. All sessions are set-up with ample opportunity for interaction and discussion.
Join the meeting and be inspired by keynotes from DG Sanco‘s Chantal Bruetschy and WRI‘s Kai Robertson, who will inform you on the latest developments in food waste policy and global food loss and waste measurements. New insights, inspiration & developments in food waste prevention and social innovation in Europe will be presented.
The organizers are proud to present the outcomes and findings of the FUSIONS project in plenary speeches, including:
- FUSIONS‘ Coordinator Toine Timmermans (Wageningen UR, NL) on the projects progress in the past year
- WRAP‘s Sophie Easteal on the role of social innovation in preventing food waste
- SIK’s Karin Östergren on reliable data for quantifying food waste in EU-28
- University of Bologna‘s Matteo Vittuari on European policy measures for food waste prevention through social innovation
Excellent speakers from FUSIONS’ Member organizations have been attracted to deliver inspiration pitches at the consultation sessions on:
- Exploring social innovation to reduce food waste
- Supporting and scaling social innovation to reduce food waste
- Producing good & reliable food waste statistics in the EU
- Measuring for impact & efficiency
- Policy changes to meet a 30% reduction target by 2025
- Market-based instruments and other socio-economic incentives
- Stimulating innovation through policy
Registration is possible until Friday October 24 through the website or by sending an email to .
- This event has passed.