The African Potato Association (APA) together with the Rwanda Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) and the International Potato Center (CIP) organizes the 11th triennial APA conference 2019 in Kigali on August 24 – 29, 2019.
The overall conference theme is “Leveraging the contribution of #potato and #sweetpotato for sustainable nutritious food systems” including the following sub themes:
1. Increasing Productivity and Nutrition Quality through Breeding and Crop Management
2. Addressing the Seed System Bottleneck
3. Assuring Healthy and Safe Diets in a Changing World
4. Innovating Solutions to Post-harvest Management, Processing Technologies, and Marketing Systems
5. Exploiting the Digital Revolution for Technology Delivery, Communication & Advocacy Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
6. Reaching End Users at Scale, Youth, and Gender Engagement
Visit the website for the detailed programme.
On August 29, participants can join field day trips, see the APA website for more information on the four #APA2019 field trips “Potato and Sweetpotato Value Chains”.
- This event has passed.