The Federation of African Nutrition Societies, in co-operation with the Rwanda Nutrition Society (RNS), is organizing the 4th FANUS Conference, in Kigali Rwanda from August 12 to 15, 2019. The Conference Theme is “Nutrition in Action for Sustainable Development in Africa”.
The Federation of African Nutrition Societies is a conglomeration of nutrition societies of the African nations with the vision to market and sustain nutrition security & national altogether country of Africa.
In addition to plenary presentations focusing on the main theme, the four-day conference will have parallel symposia focused on 11 sub-themes:
- Malnutrition; forms, trends, causalities, innovations and cost.
- Commitments, policies and strategies to eliminate malnutrition
- Multi-sectoral coordination of nutrition initiatives
- Sustainable financing of Nutrition
- Human Capital Development and Education
- Nutrition and NCDs
- Isotopes in nutrition research
- Advocacy, communication and mobilization
- Data generation and Knowledge systems
- Nutrition policies, politics, and nutrition governance in Africa
- Nutrition and health implication of the current food system in Africa
- Exploring the Potential of African foods in Nutrition and disease.
Deadline for abstract submission is January 31, 2019. Early bird registration is ending on June 30, 2019.
More information on the website of Federation of African Nutrition Societies.