The F&BKP and AgriProFocus use their complementary strengths to organize an explorative meeting to facilitate the interaction between initiatives by Dutch Diamond stakeholders in the field of “Youth in agriculture”: overview – insight – streamlining – collaboration.
Different Dutch public and private stakeholders are involved in (funding) interventions in low and middle income countries focusing on the (lack of) engagement of youth in agriculture in order to explore innovative solutions for challenges related to food and nutrition security. Stakeholders and members affiliated with the Food & Business Knowledge Platform (F&BKP) and AgriProFocus Network indicated the need to meet and link with each other in order to get a better insight in what initiatives have been taken so far with regard to youth in agriculture in order to promote more synergy between initiatives.
- Get an overview of and insight in current initiatives of Dutch diamond public and private stakeholders with regard to youth in agriculture in low and middle income countries.
- Discuss strengths, niches, complementarity, overlap, and gaps.
- Explore alliances for present or future (knowledge) initiatives and build a Community of Practice.
One colleague per organization is cordially invited to participate in this interactive and creative meeting to share what their organization works on, what they are planning to do, where alignment could be useful and what (knowledge) activities might be taken up jointly.
14.00-15.00 Current initiatives : existing mapping, pitches and gallery walk
15.00-16.00 Open space: debate around thematic topics
16.00-16.45 Summary and follow-up
16.45-18.00 Networking with drinks
We need the participants’ help and ideas to make this interactive meeting a success:
- If you are interested, please contact Annette van Andel (AgriProFocus) and Babs Ates (F&BKP) through .
- You will then receive the link to a living document which should be completed before the meeting. Your initiatives, projects, events for youth in agriculture: what are you already doing or planning to do, when, with whom, where, what is missing or are specific challenges?
- This event has passed.