The Royal Tropical Institute (KIT), Agriterra, Moyee Coffee, and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform are organizing the workshop “Understanding Agribusiness-Based Advisory Services – Findings of a learning trajectory”.
The workshop will take place on Tuesday June 19, 2018, at New Babylon Meeting Center, meeting room 3.8 in The Hague. Registration will start at 13:30 with coffee and tea and the workshop will be from 14:00-17:00 hrs.
In many developing countries, agribusinesses are highly engaged in providing services to small-scale farmers, including agricultural advisory or extension services. Yet, this phenomenon of agribusiness-based advisory services (ABAS) has received little attention in the study of and discourse on advisory services. KIT, Agriterra, Moyee Coffee, and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform have therefore joined hands in a learning trajectory that studied advisory service delivery to small-scale farmers by agri-businesses. They looked into questions such as:
- How do agribusinesses organize the collection, processing and use of feedback from farmers to improve advisory services?
- How is long term sustainability of advisory services achieved?
- What are key factors contributing to adoption and non-adoption by farmers and how can these be addressed?
- What are the development outcomes of advisory services at farmer level?
During the workshop the approach and main findings of the abovementioned study will be presented. In addition, speakers of three case studies will share their successes and challenges in running advisory services:
- Mark Kauw, Impact Officer at Moyee Coffee
- Bertken de Leede, Business Advisor at Agriterra
- Maaike Groot, Manager Public Affairs at East West Seed
This will be followed by an interactive discussion. The workshop closure is at 17:00. During drinks afterwards participants can continue the discussions in an informal setting.
Please note that there will be limited places available for the workshop. There are only a few spaces left, so please make sure that you register timely via this link.