The IFPRI 2018 Global Food Policy Report was officially launched in Washington, DC on 20 March. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature & Food Quality are organizing the launch event in the Netherlands in close cooperation with IFPRI and the Food & Business Knowledge Platform.
Shenggen Fan, Director General of IFPRI, will introduce the report and Reina Buijs, Deputy Director-General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, will share her first impressions. The presentation of the report will be followed by a multi-stakeholder panel discussion.
Coffee / thee
Moderator: Paul van de Logt, Head Food and Nutrition Security, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Opening by Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- First reaction by Reina Buijs, Deputy Director-General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Q&A to Shenggen Fan and Reina Buijs
15.00 Panel discussion
Panel / react to the report:
- Marit Maij, Special Envoy Migration, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Meike van Ginneken, CEO, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Remco Oostendorp, Professor of International Economics and Director of the Amsterdam Centre for World Food Studies, VU Amsterdam
- Atze Schaap, Corporate Director Dairy Development, Royal FrieslandCampina
16.00 Q&A General
16.15 Closing / wrap-up
Aldrik Gierveld, Dep Director General Agro and Nature, Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
Please note that this event has place for a limited number of participants only. If you are interested to participate, please send an email to , so we can let you know if there are still places available.
- This event has passed.